The Central Kansas Library System has a commitment to school districts that have joined CKLS as System members. We provide consulting, continuing education, and a number of library services for member school librarians and paraprofessionals.
The School Library Consulting Department:
- Increases the skills and knowledge of librarians and paraprofessionals so they may provide the best possible library service to their schools and students.
- Acquaints librarians and paraprofessionals with school library trends and developments.
- Develops learning activities and experiences for member school librarians and paraprofessionals.
- Offers opportunities to coordinate with local Public Libraries for Courier delivery.
- Provides networking opportunities to School librarians and paraprofessionals within CKLS.
- Provides a number of traditional library services to member School Libraries.
- Provides on-site consulting.
- Maintains and offers a collection of professional resources.
- Provides support for special events that promote school libraries and reading.