APPLE Watch Party and Discussion- Ongoing
An APPLE a month keeps your library healthy:
Continuing Education experience for learning, networking, and bonding with other librarians
APPLE is a statewide program for new directors. The information is delivered through Webinars provided by system consultants and librarians from around Kansas. CKLS is making these morning Webinars available to all CKLS librarians through one-hour “watch parties”.
After lunch activities are designed to learn, network, and bond with fellow librarians.
First, we will answer questions about the content of the Webinar and review the homework. Only official APPLE students must do the homework. However, the homework is very practical and useful.
Next, we will move onto other topics not connected to the Webinar. System consultants will have some topics for discussion some afternoons. We will be announcing these topics in the future.
At all events there will be time for sharing, discussing issues and problems.
The system consultants already scheduled to participate in these events are Gail Santy, Patty Collins, Crystal Hutchinson, and Chris Rippel. Other system consultants will participate as they are available.
Morning refreshments will be provided.
Lunch will be on your own.
10:30 am Sign in
11:00 to 12:00 Webinar learning
12:00 Lunch on your own
1:15 After lunch learning, networking, and bonding
Discuss content, answer questions, discuss homework assignments
Discuss other topics, sharing, etc.
|May 6, 2015 Budgeting (1), Laura DeBaun, NEKLS||Minneapolis|
|May 20, 2015 Budgeting (2), Laura DeBaun||Beloit|
|Jun 3, 2015 Technology, Robin Hastings, NEKLS||Ellinwood|
|Jul 8, 2015 Facilities, Harry Willems, CKLS||Republic|
|Aug 5, 2015 Laws, Carol Barta, NCKLS||Hoisington|
|Oct 7, 2015 Boards, Gina Millsap, Topeka PL||Russell|
|Nov 4, 2015 Collections, Chris Rippel, CKLS||(Location TBA)|
|Dec 2, 2015 Planning, George Seamon, NWKLS||Logan|
|Jan 6, 2016 Youth Services, Jennifer King, GBPL||Great Bend|
|Feb 3, 2016 Ethics, Recorded Webinars||(Location TBA)|
|Mar 2, 2016 Customer Services, Savannah Ball, SWKLS||Osborne|
2015 Spring Forward
655 Solomon Ln, Tipton, KS 67485
Fun and learning, learning and fun!
This year’s conference contains the following fun presentations and interactive activities.
- Customer service through better communication are two themes during both days of the conference.
- Where and how customer service occurs in the library
- Delivering customer service through your computers
- How to TREAT tricky patron situations
- Writing better letters, email, and talking on the telephone
- Writing emotionally intelligent signs that make people not want to do that
- Motivating employees by showing appreciation: five languages of appreciation at work
- Six habits for finding out what people want and completely answering their questions.
- Lunch with your legislator
- Lightning Rounds
- CKLS Competitive Equipment Grant
- Glen Elder’s LEGO Robotics Club
- Demonstration of a 3-D printer
The evening activity for the first day will be heroic crafts plus talk and laughter.