Continuing Education Mission
- Published on Thursday, 24 February 2011 21:06
- Written by Chris Rippel
Our mission is to train librarians and trustees to provide the best possible library service to their communities.
The objectives of the Continuing Education Department are:
- To increase the skills and knowledge of librarians and trustees.
- To acquaint librarians and trustees with library trends and developments.
- To develop learning activities and experiences for member librarians and trustees.
- To include opportunities to coordinate activities with other Systems and other agencies.
- To provide technology training for local librarians as time and staff schedules permit.
CKLS has a dual commitment to continuing education. It provides learning opportunities for System staff members and trustees, and it offers training sessions for the staff and trustees of member libraries.
Librarians and trustees from member libraries are encouraged to have a written policy supporting local, regional System, and state continuing education programs.