2015 Spring Forward
655 Solomon Ln, Tipton, KS 67485
Fun and learning, learning and fun!
This year’s conference contains the following fun presentations and interactive activities.
- Customer service through better communication are two themes during both days of the conference.
- Where and how customer service occurs in the library
- Delivering customer service through your computers
- How to TREAT tricky patron situations
- Writing better letters, email, and talking on the telephone
- Writing emotionally intelligent signs that make people not want to do that
- Motivating employees by showing appreciation: five languages of appreciation at work
- Six habits for finding out what people want and completely answering their questions.
- Lunch with your legislator
- Lightning Rounds
- CKLS Competitive Equipment Grant
- Glen Elder’s LEGO Robotics Club
- Demonstration of a 3-D printer
The evening activity for the first day will be heroic crafts plus talk and laughter.
2015 Pathfinder Central 1st Qtr Meeting
Thursday, February 19, 2015
Salina Public Library Community Learning Center (across from the library)
308 W Elm, Salina
The Pathfinder Central Meeting will be from 10:00-12:00
Lunch is on your own from 12:00-1:00
Technology workshop is from 1:00-3:00
This year each quarterly Pathfinder Central Meeting will be followed with an afternoon technology workshop. After the meeting in February, attendees will learn how to do various automated tasks with Pathfinder Central:
- Running and Manipulating Reports
- Reports for Collection Management
- Batch Item Modification
- Creating Labels
- Using Koha Offline Circulation Program
- Using Patron SelfCheckout
We will bring the CKLS Mobile Lab and work with you in small groups.
During the afternoon technology workshop we will solicit ideas from attendees for technology workshop topics for the rest of the year.
There is no charge associated with this event. Light refreshments will be served.
2015 Summer Library Program Workshop
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
8:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Hunter Community Center
109 E. 1st Street
Hunter, KS 67452
Contact Person: Patty Collins, CKLS Youth Services Consultant
“Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a Librarian!”
It’s time to don your cape and mask and join your fellow super librarians for a day of ideas and fun. Plan to leave with easy, inexpensive program ideas that will help you present a heroic Summer Library Program.