2015 Spring Forward
655 Solomon Ln, Tipton, KS 67485
Fun and learning, learning and fun!
This year’s conference contains the following fun presentations and interactive activities.
- Customer service through better communication are two themes during both days of the conference.
- Where and how customer service occurs in the library
- Delivering customer service through your computers
- How to TREAT tricky patron situations
- Writing better letters, email, and talking on the telephone
- Writing emotionally intelligent signs that make people not want to do that
- Motivating employees by showing appreciation: five languages of appreciation at work
- Six habits for finding out what people want and completely answering their questions.
- Lunch with your legislator
- Lightning Rounds
- CKLS Competitive Equipment Grant
- Glen Elder’s LEGO Robotics Club
- Demonstration of a 3-D printer
The evening activity for the first day will be heroic crafts plus talk and laughter.
CKLS Employment: School Library Consultant
The Central Kansas Library System (Great Bend) seeks a full time School Library Consultant.
The Central Kansas Library System is seeking an energetic individual with school library administration and K-12 library instruction skills. The applicant must have an MLS from an ALA-accredited school, Kansas teaching certificate with school media endorsement and a minimum of 5 years of school library experience. The position is open until filled. It is a full time position with very flexible hours, days and seasons. The salary range is $38,000 - $46,000/year with individual health and dental insurance paid. After six months of successful work there is a 5% salary increase. Duties include, but are not limited to: