APPLE Watch Party and Discussion- Ongoing
An APPLE a month keeps your library healthy:
Continuing Education experience for learning, networking, and bonding with other librarians
APPLE is a statewide program for new directors. The information is delivered through Webinars provided by system consultants and librarians from around Kansas. CKLS is making these morning Webinars available to all CKLS librarians through one-hour “watch parties”.
2015 Spring Forward
655 Solomon Ln, Tipton, KS 67485
Fun and learning, learning and fun!
This year’s conference contains the following fun presentations and interactive activities.
- Customer service through better communication are two themes during both days of the conference.
- Where and how customer service occurs in the library
- Delivering customer service through your computers
- How to TREAT tricky patron situations
- Writing better letters, email, and talking on the telephone
- Writing emotionally intelligent signs that make people not want to do that
- Motivating employees by showing appreciation: five languages of appreciation at work
- Six habits for finding out what people want and completely answering their questions.
- Lunch with your legislator
- Lightning Rounds
- CKLS Competitive Equipment Grant
- Glen Elder’s LEGO Robotics Club
- Demonstration of a 3-D printer
The evening activity for the first day will be heroic crafts plus talk and laughter.