2015 Spring Forward
655 Solomon Ln, Tipton, KS 67485
Fun and learning, learning and fun!
This year’s conference contains the following fun presentations and interactive activities.
- Customer service through better communication are two themes during both days of the conference.
- Where and how customer service occurs in the library
- Delivering customer service through your computers
- How to TREAT tricky patron situations
- Writing better letters, email, and talking on the telephone
- Writing emotionally intelligent signs that make people not want to do that
- Motivating employees by showing appreciation: five languages of appreciation at work
- Six habits for finding out what people want and completely answering their questions.
- Lunch with your legislator
- Lightning Rounds
- CKLS Competitive Equipment Grant
- Glen Elder’s LEGO Robotics Club
- Demonstration of a 3-D printer
The evening activity for the first day will be heroic crafts plus talk and laughter.
2015 Summer Library Program Workshop
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
8:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Hunter Community Center
109 E. 1st Street
Hunter, KS 67452
Contact Person: Patty Collins, CKLS Youth Services Consultant
“Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a Librarian!”
It’s time to don your cape and mask and join your fellow super librarians for a day of ideas and fun. Plan to leave with easy, inexpensive program ideas that will help you present a heroic Summer Library Program.