TumbleBooks Are Here!
- Created on Thursday, 20 June 2013 19:46
- Last Updated on Thursday, 20 June 2013 19:48
Tumblebooks are ebooks with audio for kids. Children can read along, or just have the book read to them. All books play directly in your internet browser window, so there is no software or files to download. Additionally, Tumblebooks has been set up so that no login is required to access our account. There are no limits to how many books or other materials you use on Tumblebooks.
Try out TumbleBooks by clicking on the above graphic or on the graphic on the left sidebar.
Most materials will be for children elementary grades 2-3 and younger, though older students may enjoy access to classic stories like Anne of Green Gables or The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood.
Other options and materials:
- Reading comprehension quizzes and games (word searches, puzzles) for most books. Some of these features do not yet work for mobile access, but that is coming soon.
- Videos, most commonly associated with non-fiction books. Example: Meet the Meerkat has a short video provided by National Geographic.
- Language Learning section contains picture books translated into other languages. There are currently books in Spanish, French, Chinese, and Russian.
- Playlist feature--add multiple titles to a playlist for uninterrupted storytime on your computer!
This wonderful electronic resource for all Kansans is provided by the State Library of Kansas, which is providing training, handouts, bookmarks, logos, and buttons for your library's website.
Upcoming Webinar for TumbleBooks: Tuesday, July 2, 10 a.m.
The patron pamphlet for all statewide ebooks/audiobooks has been updated to include Tumblebooks. A specific TumbleBooks slip is also available. Both are found here: http://www.kslib.info/digitalbooks/resources-for-librarians.html
Logos & more from TumbleBooks: http://asp.tumblebooks.com/library/asp/teacher_downloads.asp?vendorid=517738
2013 New Trustee Training
- Created on Thursday, 23 August 2012 14:48
- Last Updated on Monday, 29 July 2013 17:59
2013 New Trustee Training (flyer)
Tuesday, June 4: Cawker City
Thursday, June 6: Stockton
Monday, June 10: Lincoln
Friday, June 14: Lebanon
Wednesday, June 19: Otis
All Workshops are from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
This Workshop is free.