Building Relationships with Four Behavioral Types (DISC) with Rich Drinon
- Created on Thursday, 23 August 2012 14:48
Building Relationships with Four Behavioral Types (DISC (flyer)
Thursday, August 8th, 2013 1:30 to 3:30 pm (same day as Programming Workshop)
Rich Drinon's workshop will only follow the Great Bend Programming workshop. An e-book workshop will be in the afternoon following the Programming Workshops in Beloit (August 14) and Stockton ( August 20).
CKLS Headquarters, Lower Level Meeting Room
Rich Drinon, President of Drinon & Associates, trains and coaches leaders, managers and other executives. Over the past 25 years, he has conducted thousands of sessions for huncreds of organizations across North America. Several Regional Library Systems have benefitted from this presentation.
After Registration for this event a code will be e-mailed to take the DISC test online before the workshop
TumbleBooks Are Here!
- Created on Thursday, 20 June 2013 19:46
Tumblebooks are ebooks with audio for kids. Children can read along, or just have the book read to them. All books play directly in your internet browser window, so there is no software or files to download. Additionally, Tumblebooks has been set up so that no login is required to access our account. There are no limits to how many books or other materials you use on Tumblebooks.
Try out TumbleBooks by clicking on the above graphic or on the graphic on the left sidebar.
Most materials will be for children elementary grades 2-3 and younger, though older students may enjoy access to classic stories like Anne of Green Gables or The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood.
Other options and materials:
- Reading comprehension quizzes and games (word searches, puzzles) for most books. Some of these features do not yet work for mobile access, but that is coming soon.
- Videos, most commonly associated with non-fiction books. Example: Meet the Meerkat has a short video provided by National Geographic.
- Language Learning section contains picture books translated into other languages. There are currently books in Spanish, French, Chinese, and Russian.
- Playlist feature--add multiple titles to a playlist for uninterrupted storytime on your computer!
This wonderful electronic resource for all Kansans is provided by the State Library of Kansas, which is providing training, handouts, bookmarks, logos, and buttons for your library's website.
Upcoming Webinar for TumbleBooks: Tuesday, July 2, 10 a.m.
The patron pamphlet for all statewide ebooks/audiobooks has been updated to include Tumblebooks. A specific TumbleBooks slip is also available. Both are found here: http://www.kslib.info/digitalbooks/resources-for-librarians.html
Logos & more from TumbleBooks: http://asp.tumblebooks.com/library/asp/teacher_downloads.asp?vendorid=517738