PILL Replacement Fund
- Created on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 21:47
The CKLS PILL Replacement Fund reimburses the Lending Libray for items that were lost through Pathfinder Interlibrary Loan (PILL) from another Pathfinder Central library. The PILL replacement fund makes lending "risk-free" for Lending Libraries.
- The Borrowing Library is responsible for submitting claims for lost PILL items.
- Please submit your claim within one year of the due date of each lost item. Please wait at least two months beyond the due date before filing a claim.
- Claims will be paid out with a new or like new copy.
PILL Damaged or Lost Items (By a Patron) Reimbursement Procedure
- Created on Wednesday, 28 August 2013 21:34
When a patron returns a PILL item that has been damaged, or the item is long overdue or lost, Borrowing Library waits 2 months from the final due date for patron to return items, or pay replacement costs. Costs are determined by Lending Library’s policy. After 2 months, Borrowing Library pays the Lending Library for replacement of item. If lost item is returned, consult with Lending Library for reimbursement options.
- Items that the patron has lost or are long overdue. Lending library (DO NOT CHECK IN). Mark record as PILL Lost or Damaged.
- Items that are lost in transit (either via courier or mail) will need to be replaced using funds from the ILL Materials Replacement Fund. You can find the procedure on the Southeast Kansas Library System's Website
- Count CDs, Tapes, DVDs, and other media components when returning such items. Recover lost discs, etc as necessary before returning to Lending Library.
- Long Overdue/Lost Items:
- Run a PILL Overdue Report to track overdue PILL items your library patrons have borrowed.
- Send notices to patrons before the 2 month period is up.
- Returned Damaged Items:
- Borrowing Library—DO NOT CHECK ITEM IN.
- Fill out Damaged Item Form and attach it to item.
- Return Item to lending library to determine cost of repair/replacement. (Please date and initial form)
- Once lending library has determined the cost, add the fee amount to patron’s account.
- In the notes field, give detailed information about why the fee was given.
- Before lending an item, note previous damage on inside cover of the item or in the notes field of the item record.
- Returned Damaged Items:
- DO NOT CHECK ITEM IN.
- Mark item record as PILL Lost or Damaged.
- Determine cost of repair/replacement according to lending library’s existing policy.
- Inform borrowing library the cost.
- Borrowing library will add the fee to the patron’s account.